Swedish massage is a vigorous system of treatment designed to energize the body by stimulating circulation. Five basic strokes, all flowing toward the heart, are used to manipulate the soft tissue of the body.
Therapists use a combination of kneading, rolling, vibrational, percussive, and tapping movements, with the application of a massage product, to reduce friction on the skin.
The many benefits of Swedish massage may include generalized relaxation, dissolution of scar tissue adhesions, and improve circulation, which may speed healing and reduce swelling from injury.
The Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) website presents more than 350 modalities of massage and bodywork within ‘The Glossary of Massage and Bodywork Techniques’ on the client-education site Massagetherapy.com, where listed and defined are all types of massage and bodywork. (https://www.massagetherapy.com/glossary)
Sound Interesting to you?
How in the HEALTH are you?
Facts you should know about Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork!
1. Soothe anxiety and manage stress/depression.
2. Ease your pain and stiffness.
3. Promote healing and quality sleep.
4. Boost Immune function to fight infection.
5. Alleviate PMS and mood swings.
6. Increase feeling alert and focused.
7. Reduce migraines and relieve headaches.
8. Cultivate vibrant skin and hair from detoxification.
9. Relief from fatigue, nausea, and discomfort from illness or cancer.
10. Prevent injuries, prevent illness, improve performance, strength