Myofascial release is the three-dimensional application of sustained pressure and movement into the fascial system in order to eliminate fascial restrictions and facilitate the emergence of emotional patterns and belief systems that are no longer relevant or are impeding progress.
Upon locating an area of fascial tension, gentle pressure is applied in the direction of the restriction.
Myofascial release is an effective therapeutic approach in the relief of cervical pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, neurological dysfunction, restriction of motion, chronic pain, and headaches.
The Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) website presents more than 350 modalities of massage and bodywork within ‘The Glossary of Massage and Bodywork Techniques’ on the client-education site Massagetherapy.com, where listed and defined are all types of massage and bodywork. (https://www.massagetherapy.com/glossary)
Sound Interesting to you?
How in the HEALTH are you?
Facts you should know about Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork!
1. Soothe anxiety and manage stress/depression.
2. Ease your pain and stiffness.
3. Promote healing and quality sleep.
4. Boost Immune function to fight infection.
5. Alleviate PMS and mood swings.
6. Increase feeling alert and focused.
7. Reduce migraines and relieve headaches.
8. Cultivate vibrant skin and hair from detoxification.
9. Relief from fatigue, nausea, and discomfort from illness or cancer.
10. Prevent injuries, prevent illness, improve performance, strength